Support and resources
Support services in New Zealand
Find out where you can get support from organisations and services in New Zealand.
Community support organisations in New Zealand
- Headway Auckland
- Brain Injury Waikato
- Northland Brain Injury Association
- Brain Injury Hawke's Bay
- Nelson Brain Injury Association
Concussion/brain injury services in New Zealand
- Had an injury within the last 12 months
- Have an accepted current ACC claim
- Been diagnosed with a mild or moderate brain injury
- Been experiencing continued signs and symptoms that are impacting on how you function in daily life
Got a query or concern about an ACC claim?
Online and other resources
- TBI resources on MSKTC website
- TBI resources on Brain Injury NZ website
- Brain Injury Screening Tool (BIST) for health professionals
- CrashCourse concussion education products (TeachAids website)
Perspectives from people living with TBI
Use the screening tool
The Brain Injury Screening Tool (BIST) helps you assess and manage suspected brain injury in people over 8 years old and takes about 6 minutes to complete.